Abstract submission for the XX ISA world Congress of Sociology in Melbourne is now open
from July 1 – September 30, 2022, 24:00 GMT
Oral sessions will be a mix of in-person and virtual presenters, based on the presenters’ preference.
Participants must submit abstracts on-line to a selected session of a Research Committee, Working Group, Thematic Group through a centralized platform.
The TG04 sessions are available here:
Abstract submission rules:
- One cannot submit more than two abstracts.
- One cannot submit the same abstract to two different sessions.
- Our sessions are in English.
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract; any errors in spelling, grammar, or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
Session titles of TG04 sessions:
- Accountability and Sustainable Transitions: Toward an Integrated Analysis of Sociopolitical and Ecological Risks
- Decolonizing Sociology of Risk
- Emotions, Trust, Hope and Other Approaches of Managing Uncertainty and Non-Knowledge
- Inequality, Power, and Intersectional Perspectives on Risk
- Materiality, Brutality and Risk: Decolonial Readings of the Twin Climate and Energy Crisis
- Mental Health and Risk
- Methods, Methodologies and Research Strategies
- Risk and Space: Risk Perception and Risk Normalization
- Risk, Catastrophes and Emancipation
- The Democratization of Risk and Prevention in a Sociological Perspective
- The Language of Risk
- Theorizing Risk and Uncertainty