The thematic group Sociology of Risk and Uncertainty (SoRU) invites scholars to submit abstracts to its working sessions within the IV Forum of the International Sociological Association (February 23-27, 2021; online).
Although not exclusive, this extraordinary call is expected to address the critical intersections between risk and social production of the Covid-19 pandemic in terms of the following axes:
– Medicalization of sociability
– Migration, risk and reconfiguration of human mobility
– Languages and narratives of the pandemic and risks
– Risk, inequality and intersectionality in contexts of social vulnerability
– Scientific uncertainty, post-truth and risk policy
– Risk communication
– Social construction of biological and ecological threats
– Risk management practices and uncertainty governance
We welcome original theoretical and empirical papers, research notes, analytical proposals and critical commentaries about the social foundations and scope of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please note that this extraordinary call will be open only three weeks from Monday, October 26th to Thursday, November 12th.
Submissions will be processed on line, via ISA’s website at: isa-sociology.org.
Proposals may indicate the session to which they are directed. The full list of SoRU sessions within the Forum can be found at: